Published May 24th 2018
WHO WE ARE
HEXPOL TPE is a global organisation with operations in Germany, Sweden, the United Kingdom, China and North America. We are part of the HEXPOL Group, which is headquartered in Sweden. The headquarters’ registered office address is Skeppsbron 3, 211 20 Malmö, Sweden. www.hexpol.com
WHEN DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA ABOUT YOU?
− When you interact with us in person, through correspondence, by email, by phone, by social media, or through our website.
− We may collect personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest and if this interest is not overridden by your privacy interests. Before data is collected we assess that there is an established mutual interest between you and HEXPOL TPE.
WHY DO WE COLLECT AND USE PERSONAL DATA?
We primarily collect and use personal data to perform customer service, process your enquiries, direct sales, contractual obligations and direct marketing activities. We also collect data about suppliers, partners and people seeking a job or working in our company.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Follow up on incoming requests (product or technical enquiries, customer support, emails, or phone calls).
- Perform contractual obligations such as order confirmations, invoices, reminders and similar.
- Perform direct sales activities in cases where legitimate and mutual interest is established.
- Send you information about the products that you have purchased from us.
- Notify you about any issues that could impact supply of our products or services (e.g. holiday shut-down dates).
- Send you marketing communications, these may include information about our products, services and events. These types of communication are subscription based and require your consent.
- Contact you to conduct surveys about your opinion on our products and services
- Process a job application
WHAT IS OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR COLLECTING PERSONAL DATA
COLLECTING PERSONAL DATA BASED ON CONTRACTS
We use personal data to fulfil our obligations related to contracts and agreements with customers, partners and suppliers.
COLLECTING PERSONAL DATA BASED ON LEGITIMATE INTEREST
We may use personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest and if the privacy interests of the data subjects do not override this interest. Normally an assessment has been made during which a mutual interest between HEXPOL TPE and the individual person has been identified (for example if we already trade with you). This legal basis is primarily related to our sales and marketing activities. Examples can include when you have contacted us to request product information or when you have visited our booth at a trade show or event.
COLLECTING INFORMATION BASED ON CONSENT
Where we offer subscription based communications, such as newsletters or e-marketing, the collection of personal data is based on consent from the data subject using “Consent Forms”. Individual consents will be stored and documented in our systems.
WHAT TYPE OF PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED?
We collect name, phone number, title and email address, in addition to your company’s name and contact information. We may also collect feedback, comments and questions received from you in service-related communication and activities, such as meetings, phone calls, documents, and emails. From our website we may collect IP-address and actions taken on the site. If you apply for a job at HEXPOL TPE, we collect the data you provide during the application process.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will process and store personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, while also considering our need to answer your queries or resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws, to attend to any legal claims/complaints, and for safeguarding purposes.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. When the personal data is no longer required, it will be disposed of in a manner that prevents, loss, theft, misuse or unauthorized access.
YOUR RIGHTS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If you wish to stop receiving e-marketing from us then please click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the relevant communication. Please note that you may still receive transactional messages and administrative communications from us, such as order confirmations, invoices and notifications about your purchases and account activities.
If you would like to know what personal data we hold about you or would like us to delete your personal data from our records then please contact us at privacy@hexpolTPE.com. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal data about you on our files within a reasonable time. To protect your privacy, we will require you to prove your identity before granting access to your personal data. Please note that we may be required to retain certain information by law and/or for own legitimate business purposes.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES & THIRD PARTY COOKIES
|Necessary cookie||PHPSESSID||Session||Enables basic functions like page navigation. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.|
|Preference cookie||Lang||Session||Enables website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, such as your preferred language.|
|Google Analytics||_gtm, _gid, _ga||≤ 731 days||We use Google Analytics to collect statistical information about how our website is used. Google Analytics use information such as your IP address, browser type and unique identifiers stored in (first party) cookies on your device to record how you interact with our website.|
DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH ANYONE?
We do not share, sell or rent your information with any third parties without your consent, except as described below:
- We will disclose personal data to third parties only for legal and customary business-related purposes, and only when we have assurances that the information will be processed and protected appropriately and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- To improve your experience of our services and products, information may be shared between HEXPOL TPE companies for the purposes of customer service, research, analysis and marketing.
- We reserve the right to transfer your personal data in the event we sell or transfer all or a part of our business or assets so that the buyer can continue to offer you the services. We will make reasonable efforts to provide you with advance notification of the transfer of your information in such circumstances.
Any questions or concerns about this policy and how we collect, process, store, disclose or transfer information may be submitted to us directly at privacy@hexpolTPE.com
All such communications are examined and replies issued where appropriate as soon as possible. We may contact you during the process to seek any further clarification if necessary.