Dryflex Antimicrobial - working 24/7 to combat bacteria
Hygiene is a growing concern in today’s society. Preventing the spread of harmful bacteria and the safe protection of everyday products in hospitals, public places or at home is highly valued by customers.
Dryflex antimicrobial TPEs attack micro-organisms at source, helping prevent problems before they occur. Samples have been independently tested and proven to kill >99.9% of gram positive and negative bacteria when tested by the recognised ISO 22196 test method. They are effective against MRSA, E-Coli, Pseudomonas Aeroginosa and Salmonella and many other harmful bacteria.
Some bacteria can also adversely affect everyday products causing stains, embrittlement, odours and product deterioration. Dryflex antimicrobial TPE can help to prevent these issues and extend the service life of the finished product.
As the antimicrobial treatment is formulated into the compound at the time of manufacture; the antimicrobial activity is consistent throughout the TPE and not solely on the surface. Performance is not affected by external stresses, scratches and wear and tear.
The active ingredient is included in the EFSA guidelines and FDA approved as suitable for food contact, it is EPA registered and complies with the European Biocidal Products Directive (BPD).
Benefits of Dryflex Antimicrobial TPEs
- Value add, product differentiation
- Effective against MRSA, E-Coli, Pseudomonas Aeroginosa and Streptococci
- ‘Built in’, consistent protection - performance is not affected by wear, stress or cleaning chemicals
- Suitable for transparent articles and has a high degree of thermal stability
- Non-toxic and safe for humans
- Inhibits the growth of bacteria to prolong the product life
- Samples tested to ISO 22196:2007
We will submit customer finished articles made from Dryflex for free external micro-biological testing and report on the findings. Samples are tested according to international recognised test protocols such as JIS Z 2801 and ISO 22196:2007.
- Consumer goods
- Areas with a heavy footfall such as schools, shopping centres & gyms
- Sports equipment
- Healthcare and clinical environments
- Public transport
Download the Dryflex Antimicrobial TPE Product Guide