Dryflex PS - TPE compounds for pipe seal applications
Dryflex PS are a range of thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) compounds designed for seals and pipe joints used in waste water applications.
What are TPEs?
TPEs are a family of polymer compounds which display elastic and rubber-like properties at their service temperature.
Like thermoplastics, when heated and with the application of shear force, TPEs become free-flowing and when cooled regain their original structure and stability. Unlike the chemical cross-linking which occurs in thermoset rubbers, TPE involves purely physical cross-linking, which can be reversed via the further application of heat, this makes it possible to re-use all production waste and end of life products can be easily reprocessed.
We support our customers by proving the performance of our products via relevant testing and working with industry standards.
The Dryflex PS grades meet the requirements of EN 681-2:2000, the European Standard EN 681-2, Type WT. This testing allows our customers to be confident that the materials meet the necessary requirements for sealing of waste water systems by conforming to recognised industry standards.
The EN 681-2:2000 standard specifi es requirements for TPE materials used for moulded seals used in joints of:
- Thermoplastic piping systems for non pressure waste water discharge (intermittent flow up to 95°C) inside buildings
- Thermoplastic piping systems for nonpressure underground drainage and sewerage (continuous flow up to 45°C and intermittent flow up to 95°C)
- Thermoplastic rainwater systems
- Meets the requirements of EN 681-2:2000
- 50, 60 and 70 IRHD Hardnesses
- Easy to colour
- Service temperature range from -50 to 120°C
- 100% Recyclable
- Good UV and Ozone resistance
- Suitable for extrusion and injection moulding
- Production waste can easily be reprocessed
Our aim is to supply a material that precisely matches application requirements and where an existing grade cannot satisfy the specific demands of your application, we have the proven expertise to customise a material that will.
Download : Dryflex PS product guide